Lee County, Florida is home to spectacular beaches, wildlife, and entertainment which draws in tourists looking for a paradise-like getaway. However, many lucky residents call this area of southwest Florida home as well. Inhabitants of Cape Coral, Fort Myers, North Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Naples, Marco Island, Bonita Springs, Estero, Alva, Punta Gorda, Port Chartlotte, St. James City, Miromar Lakes, and Bokelia enjoy low crime rates and a high quality of life as just two of the main reasons to take up residence on Florida’s Gulf Coast. The business community in this area of southwest Florida is thriving, making Lee County a hot spot for good jobs and sunshine all year long. The area is consistently growing as career opportunities are on the rise, and those settling here must have an attorney they can count on to put their affairs in order.
For almost three decades, Ms. Pizzolato has done more than practice law. She is a member of Rotary South of Fort Myers (whose motto is “Service Above Self”) and tries to live that motto out every single day. Each holiday season, in honor of their clients, business associates, and friends, Barbara M. Pizzolato, P.A. makes a charitable gift donation to the Harry Chapin Food Bank. During the summer, she stays active with the food bank by helping to acquire donations of food through community events like this year’s ice cream social.
Ms. Pizzolato is an advocate for those in the communities she works in who are affected by tragedy, as well. After the events of September 11, Ms. Pizzolato served on the American Bar Association’s Disaster Relief panel of legal experts offering pro bono assistance to victims of the World Trade Center attacks involving landlord/tenant issues. In addition to that important work, after Hurricane Charley, Ms. Pizzolato provided pro bono services to individuals through the Young Lawyers Division Emergency Panel and has volunteered her services again for each upcoming hurricane season.
Being a part of the communities in which she practices has always been and will always be important to Ms. Pizzolato. Some of her work includes:
- The Golf Committee for AFCAAM and Board of Directors 2009
- Arbitrator for the Small Claims Part of the New York State Unified Court System from 1998 to 2002
- Matrimonial Fee Dispute Arbitrator for the Suffolk County Unified Court System from 1995 to 2002
- Officer of the Suffolk Academy of Law
- Member and Secretary of the Board of Managers of the Pro Bono Foundation of the Suffolk County Bar Association (1993-2002)
- Chair of the Solo and Small Firm Practitioners’ Committee (1996-1998, 1999-2002)
- Member of the Board of Directors of Nassau/Suffolk Law Services Committee, Inc.
- Member of the Suffolk County Bar Association Committees on Fee Disputes, Corporate Law, Tax Committee
- Major Trustee Investor of the Chamber of Southwest Florida
- Chair of Professional Development for The Business Network of Southwest Florida
- Member of the Board of Directors of Sarah’s Center
- Member of the Board of Directors of The Long Island Center for Professional and Business Women (1996-1998)
- First Vice President and Treasurer of Long Island Women’s Network (1996-2001)
- Chairperson of the Citizens’ Advisory Committee for the Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities of the Town of Huntington