As you get older, amass assets, and become responsible for the care of dependents, it becomes important to look towards your future. Estate planning becomes more essential with each passing year, and now is the time to take action if you do not already have a comprehensive estate plan in place.
Barbara M. Pizzolato has almost three decades of estate planning experience and helps families with estates of all sizes. Whether you need a simple will to make sure your children are cared for or you need a complex plan to protect significant assets or ensure the successful transfer of a family business, our firm is here to help. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and to learn about important issues including:
- How can an estate plan help to protect you and your legacy?
- What should be included in an comprehensive estate plan?
- How can a Southwest Florida estate planning lawyer help?
How Can an Estate Plan Protect Your Legacy?
An estate plan is focused on you and your specific goals for the future. Barbara M. Pizzolato will conduct a consultation to discuss your assets and your priorities, including planning for end of life issues and taking care of your family after you are gone. With the help of an estate planning lawyer, you can:
- Develop a plan to shield your assets and get long-term care costs paid if you need to go to a nursing home.
- Ensure you maintain control over your quality of life by determining what emergency life-saving medical procedures to undergo in case of serious injury or illness.
- Name someone to act as your agent who will make decisions and manage your affairs when you no longer can act on your own.
- Shield your estate from taxes that could undermine its value.
- Create a business succession plan so the company you built can survive for the generations.
- Create wills and trusts so the assets you leave behind are a joyful gift, not a burden causing family fighting.
These are just some of the different ways in which an estate planning attorney can help you to make sure your future, and the future of your loved ones, is secure- no matter what happens tomorrow.
What Should Be Included in a Comprehensive Estate Plan
Every estate plan is different, because your plan is custom-tailored to you. Whether you want to avoid taxes, control how assets are spent, limit emergency medical care, preserve the benefits of a child with special needs, or shield assets from creditors, there are estate planning tools that will work for you.
Wills, trusts, power of attorney agreements, living wills, and a variety of other legal tools are at your disposal and may be a necessary part of your estate plan. You need the assistance only a qualified attorney can offer to make sure that your plan covers all of your bases and accomplishes all the goals you have for the rest of your life and for those left behind.
A Southwest Florida Estate Planning Lawyer is Here To Help
Barbara M. Pizzolato cares about clients and treats the estate planning process with the importance it deserves for every client. No matter the size of your estate or your desires for the future, we can assist you in making sure you use all available legal tools to create a strong legacy. Call Ms. Pizzolato today to learn more.